Monday, June 27, 2011

Life Goes On

We are all back from Maine, where we went the first part of June to have Donnie's burial services.  It was a nice day, and we had a great visit with friends and family!  Now it is back to normal life, or as normal as my life is now.

We are all excited that Donnie and his family now live in Boron.  We love having them so close by and being able to spend more time with them.  We get together every Sunday for family dinner and see each other several time during the week.  They are still getting settled in, but things are looking good.

Carol-Ann and family are doing well.  Dayton is getting so big, so fast and Dillon just had his 4th birthday!  The animals and work keep them busy but we see each other pretty much every day, since I live on the ranch.

I am adjusting to single life, as best I can.  I go to work, spend time with my kids and grandchildren and watch a lot of movies.  But I must say that there is a huge hole in my life.  I am very lonely although I am surrounded by people most of the time.  It is hard to be without something that you have had as long as I had my husband.  I miss him terribly and I'm sure I always will.  But I try to keep my chin up and move through life.  My back is healing and I have many more good days now than I did before the surgery.  I try to find things to keep me busy, but that isn't always easy.  Some days are better than others! 

Just a quick update on everyone, I will try to write more later and add some pictures of the grandchildren.  Hope all are doing well and having a great summer!

11/8/58 ~ 1/27/11                                  

































































1 comment:

  1. I could not imagine living with and loving someone for so long and losing them, especially suddenly. I've never said, but I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'm sorry for the loneliness too. It's awesome knowing the things we do do about eternal life but even still, it's hard missing someone you've been with and imagined being around forever. I'm glad you're surrounded by family and friends and that you seem to be doing your best to move on with life as you know it, or as it has changed. Nice picture and nice update. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete